by Janet Benjamin
This is my favourite feature salad at a dinner party. I created the recipe by borrowing from other salads I have tasted and it is influenced by all the delicious food always offered by Jewish South Africans. No matter who you visit there will be flavoursome and interesting salads and dishes on offer. Enjoy!
- 1x punnet of pomegranate pips (purchased at Waitrose or Morrisons)
- 250g block of Greek Feta (leave out if serving meat), crumbled
- 1x100g walnuts, chopped
- 200g delicate lettuce leaves mixed bag, favourite leaf is lambs ear lettuce
- 200g mixed baby tomatoes, yellow and red, halved
- 1x bunch organic spring onions, sliced finely
- 2x red romano/ sweet long peppers, cut finely
This is best served on a platter.
Start with your lettuce leaves, then tomatoes sprinkled on top, then red peppers, spring onions, feta and nuts. Just before serving sprinkle over the jewel-like pomegranates. Serve with a very good quality balsamic, and olive oil.
Tip: you can add cucumber if you want to, as well as avocado to make it a richer salad.