This recipe for courgette bake has been sent in by Claudia Camhi:
My mother whisked up this recipe on her last visit to London and it was truly amazing. Again, a good way to get children to eat greens.
- 5 courgettes
- 1 onion
- 2 eggs
- 1 (250 gram) pot of ricotta
- 1 (250 gram) pot of marscarpone
- 50 grams of grated cheddar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons of sunflower oil
- Preheat the oven to 200 C.
- Wash, dry and grate the courgettes.
- Place them is a bowl and microwave them for 4 minutes.
- Place the courgettes in a sieve and squeeze out the excess fluid.
- Chop the onion into small cubes and stir fry in sunflower oil until lightly golden.
- In a separate bowl mix the ricotta, marscarpone, eggs, salt and pepper. Then add the onion and courgettes.
- Oil a baking dish and place the mix in it.
- Top with grated cheddar cheese.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until the top layer looks golden.
Keep left overs refrigerated and covered in cling film.